Take your pick! New Zealand is punching above its weight when it comes to exquisite wine and wineries. We can take you to any winery in the country – but what better way to enjoy the nectar of the fruit than behind the scenes or in an exclusive tasting where you are taken on a journey by the winemaker. We also punch above our weight when it comes to personalised experiences – so if food and wine is your passion, let us take you on a special journey.
Wine regions to visit:
- Central Otago-specatcular scenery and Pinot Noir
- Waipara- Just outside of Christchurch
- Waitaki Valley-A great day trip from Oamaru
- Marlborough - New Zealand's most well-known region for Sauvignon Blanc
- Martinborough- Only a few hours from Wellington and great for
- Hawke's Bay-New Zealand's oldest wine region
- Waiheke Island - A short ferry ride from Auckland and full of stunning wineries and cuisine
Fun history fact:
In 1852 William Ostler emigrated from Yorkshire to New Zealand to manage Benmore Station near Omarama for Robert Campbell. Campbell, of Castle Duntroon in Scotland, had already emigrated and bought Otekaieke Station in the lower Waitaki. In 1998, unaware of this history, Ostler's great grandson Jim Jerram and his brother-in-law, winemaker and viticulturist Jeff Sinnott, went prospecting for suitable grape-growing country in the lower Waitaki's limestone country, inland from Oamaru.
At that time, there was no history of commercial winegrowing in the region. You can meet Jim and Jeff in Jim’s home and enjoy a good kiwi yarn as you are hosted to a personal wine tasting – an exclusive experience to Luxury Touring.
For more information and inspiration, click below to visit our Itinerary Vault or simply contact us.